About the Project
In Spring 2018, under sponsorship from Dr. Todd Rose (Mind, Brain & Education) and Dr. Chris Dede (Technology in Education program), Charles Fadel taught the first-ever module (HT510a) titled “Machine Learning + Human Learning”. It explored the topic “How can Machine Learning (ML) foster and shoulder Human Learning?”
This Project will continue researching:
- Pedagogical models: how can ML help produce assessments for learning? Using feedback mechanisms (questions, hints, haptics, etc.); using “productive failure” to explore questions and make mistakes.
- Learner models: personalization possibilities such as emotional states; learner engagement; learner progressions; meta-learning loops.
For more information about the project or to participate, please contact Charles Fadel (email@example.com).
- CCR Knowledge paper: http://curriculumredesign.org/wp-content/uploads/CCR_Knowledge_FINAL_January_2018.pdfand http://www.curriculumredesign.org/our-work/papers/knowledgesuppmat
- Pedro Domingos: (video) The Master Algorithm: How the Quest for the Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World
- WaitButWhy (Tim Urban): The AI Revolution: The Road to Superintelligence
- McKinsey paper: Artificial Intelligence: the next digital frontier
- Wired: The Limits of Machine Learning: https://www.wired.com/story/greedy-brittle-opaque-and-shallow-the-downsides-to-deep-learning/
- Christensen Institute: (Thomas Arnett) https://www.christenseninstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Teaching-in-the-machine-age.pdf
- iNACOL: Student-Centered Learning: Functional Requirements for Integrated Systems to Optimize Learning